Thursday, October 22, 2009

procrastinating

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.... is a good way to start this one! I could probally take this one in so many directions.. But for today I'm writing about procrastination because I've been really good at it lately.. I know I have to be somewhere but instead of getting ready and then doing whatever it is I want to do, I do it the other way around and do what I want to get done first leaving me very little time to get ready to go to what I HAVE to do! I haven't figured out why I do this.. but lately it's starting to get annoying to me, never mind anyone that might be waiting for me! LOL drives my husband crazy, even though I hate to be late to things, I will put off until the very last minute to get it done.. for the most part I'm talking about having to be somewhere be it a family function or work or school.. as of lately I'm not sure if its because of the weather or lack of sleep, or how about a full moon? LOL! I could probally find just about any excuse right now.. I'm thinking thats not neccessarily any of those things and that I'm liking the challenge of time! So I do what I think I should get done around home or otherwise and then head to the shower to see if I can beat the clock and get done with my shower, make-up and hair, dressed, shoes on and out the door by the time I should be going out the door.. and if I can't make it in quite the right time frame then its a challenge with the things I can't control like time, traffic and other people. Why I do this to myself I'm still not sure because like a lot of other things there are way more fun ways to challenge ones self! I'm thinking it might be because I get an addrenal rush racing the things I can't control and defeating the odds that are naturally against you! I think after today I'm going to have to start rethinking a new way of challenging myself and start with a very small step of not procrastinating while the odds are still on my side!! Well for now that means getting some homework done before I head to my refresher first aid training for work. I hope anyone who is reading this has a great weekend!! til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment