Sunday, October 11, 2009

BRRR!

All I can say is BRRRR!! It's way to early to be this cold.. but I'm stubborn enough and I'm not turning the heat on yet! We do have a little electric fireplace that seems to doing great so far so that's helping out a lot.. This weekend we hung out at home and worked on the basement. Got the padding and the carpet laid down in the basement and the old big screen down there with a pompazan chair, turned out pretty good.. only one what I call down fall with the tv being a 53" big screen self contained my husband had to take out the bottom stairs and landing and put up a board up to slide the tv down to the basement which is okay if you're not afraid of falling in open holes like I am! I had to stand on the bottom step going upstairs and the threshold to the basement/garage door to help lift it over to the board to be lower to my husband who is standing in the basement.. Now I should of used this experience for my "out of the box" essay!! I'm totally not comfortable in that kind of situation, but all is good now. We did make it out of the house to go to a flea market in Viroqua, Its huge like rummage sale type place in a old tobacco barn, just as cold in there as it was outside but it was worth it.. I found a solid oak quilt rack for $30!! a steal! Well not much else to say for now, So til next time!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like it was an interesting experience with your husband, haha! You're brave, I would've been nervous with that big tv. Sounds like it'll al be worth it with a complete awesome basement. I really enjoy your blogs, and especially love the daily puppy!

    ReplyDelete